LPN - LTC
Follows residents/patients plan of care and ensures assigned staff are doing the same.
Administers medications, treatments, performs procedures and documents per facility policy
• Serves as Team Leader providing direct supervision of nursing care provided to the resident /patient by nursing assistants and other members of the health care team.
• Administers and monitors the effectiveness of medications/treatments ordered by physician and documents same.
• Offers input in the planning of care, focusing on functional needs and quality of life issues.
• Assists in implementing the care plan.
• Responds to emergencies and reports to the Registered Nurse and Supervisor changes in condition or mental status for further evaluation.
• Assumes charge nurse function and actively participates in care conferences upon request.
• Knowledgeable and complies with Virtua Standards of performance, federal and state regulation defined in nursing policy, procedure and standard operating procedures.
• Actively participates in patient satisfaction program creating a supportive caring environment.
• Is an advocate for patients and families promoting dignity and respect, and open communication.
• Monitors nursing staff performance and interaction with patient and residents.
• Practices universal precautions and adheres to facility policy with regard to the spread of infections.
• Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives and safety programs defined by nursing leadership.
• Educates patient/resident and family/responsible party regarding individual care and needs and safety issues, etc.
• Maintains competency as defined by Nursing department goals and objectives.
Graduate of accredited LPN program.
NJ LPN license.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More