Nursing Supervisor -Long Term Care- Part time Night shift 8pm-8am
Virtua Health and Rehab Center Berlin is a five star-rated facility with the Department of Health in NJ. Virtua Berlin rated as one of the top 100 best long-term care facilities in the state of NJ ranked by U.S. News and World Report. As a High Reliability post-cute facility we are proud of all accomplishments related to the pandemic and COVID-19 and keeping all of our residents safe. Virtua Berlin has received the Silver award from the New Jersey Department of Health for our Antibiotic Stewardship Program for 2019 and 2020. Joining our dynamic team of caring and compassionate staff, you will have the opportunity to grow in your professional career.
12 hour 8p-8a positions with an every 3rd weekend commitment
The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for general supervision of the nursing department and assumes administrative responsibilities during non business hours.
Monitors all facility staff and responds to situations/problems facility-wide in the absence of the Administrator/Director of Nursing.
Promotes a climate for effective staff performance through supportive leadership, sound decision making and accountability.
Administers medications and treatments and documents per facility policy.
• Makes systematic rounds. Directs and supervises nursing units and various departments working during the assigned shift, ensuring that all staff involved in providing care to patient/resident are following the plan of care and facility policy and procedure.
• Responds to emergencies and crisis situations effectively and completes reports accurately. Keeps Administrator and DON informed of pertinent issues related to care delivery and facility operation.
• Closely supervises, monitors and evaluates staff performance. Communicates expectations regarding care standards to staff.
• Assists and intervenes as appropriate to ensure quality care is consistently provided according to policy and procedure and standards of practice. Communicates performance excellence and issues to appropriate manager in a timely manner and rewards staff appropriately.
• Practices and directs unit staff in practicing universal precautions and adheres to facility policy with regard to spread of infections. Maintains current knowledge of facility policies and procedures, DOH regulations, JCAHO standards of practice and supports role of safety officer after hours.
• Actively participates in quality monitoring and makes recommendations to Director of Nursing recommendations to improve the operation of the nursing department.
• Maintains department level competencies, supports education process for staff, and participates in performance improvement activities. Assists in supervisory coverage.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
2-3 years LTC experience preferred.
Graduate of RN program from an accredited school of nursing. (BSN preferred.)
Current NJ Registered Nurse License.
Virtua Health, a Magnet-recognized health system ranked by U.S. News and World Report, has received many awards for quality, safety, and its outstanding work environment. As a High Reliability Organization, Virtua Health has systems in place that makes us consistent in accomplishing our goals and avoiding potentially catastrophic errors. As South Jersey’s largest health system, we are committed to the mission of helping people be well, get well, and stay well and average more than one million patient encounters each year. Virtua’s 14,000 employees provide comprehensive care at 5 hospitals and more than 280 other locations, in addition to bringing health services directly into communities through home health, rehabilitation, mobile screenings, and its paramedic program. The Philadelphia Business Journal named Virtua #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley (2018 & 2019) in the 1,000-employee plus category. Virtua has been elected to the Philadelphia Business Journal's Best Place to Work Hall of Fame.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More