Drives financial reimbursement for the care provided at facility by assessing the physical, cognitive/mental and functional status of the patient/resident and completes MDS (Minimum Data Set) assessment tool as required by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS).
• Completes, assigns and oversees MDS/RAI completion for timeliness and accuracy in order to receive maximum financial reimbursement. Transmits facility MDS to NJ State Department of Health as required.
• Communicates effectively with admissions dept., interdisciplinary team, patients/residents and family members to obtain necessary information to complete accurate assessment.
• Educates LTC staff on documentation requirements as identified. Oversees and audits quality indicators on MDS completion from other sources.
• Participates in interdisciplinary utilization review committee meetings to influence length of stay.
• Contributes to the development of the plan of care for each resident/patient.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Three years professional nursing experience.
One year MDS experience required.
Subacute/long-term care or med-surg preferred.
Computer proficient in MDS software, preferred.
Diploma RN or Associate’s Degree required.
New Jersey Registered Nurse License.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More