Nuclear Med Tech Per Diem 1st Shift / VOLOL Camden
Performs Nuclear Medicine procedures in accordance with approved techniques and NRC/ACR standards.
Supports Virtua Mission and Vision statement and upholds Virtua values and Star behaviors.
Adheres to all Virtua policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge and utilization of all Nuclear Medicine equipment and consistently performs high quality nuclear medicine studies according to protocols established by the radiologist and is capable of altering protocol to accomplish necessary results.
• Demonstrates competence to perform venipuncture and follows established protocols for administering radioisotopes.
• Understands and complies with frequency and parameters of all quality control tests to ensure tests are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Recognize and report any recordkeeping failures or omissions to Management or Radiation Safety Officer.
• Able to perform routine calibration on equipment without assistance.
• Strictly observes safety precautions and uses protective devices when handling radiopharmaceuticals. Safeguards against unnecessary exposure to radiation.
• Always prepares kits according to the manufacturer inserts and uses aseptic technique when preparing radiopharmaceutical kits and injecting patients.
• Demonstrates effective use of RIS, PACS and hospital based computer programs and adheres to all policies and practices regarding confidentiality of all electronic communications.
• Responds to changes in the work schedule. Covers all shifts on a rotational basis( Virtua South divisions) and responds on call immediately when contacted by Communications and arrives within the appropriate time established by Virtua Health policy.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Minimum of 1 year in Nuclear Medicine preferred.
Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiology or Nuclear Medicine Technology.
Current N.J. license in Nuclear Medicine Technology.
Registered by the ARRT and/or certified by the NMTCB preferred.
CPR certification preferred.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More