NURSE PRACTITIONER CARDIOTHORACIC FT DAYS CAMDEN
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for the provision, coordination, and assurance of comprehensive nursing care using nursing process and pertinent standards of care, the diagnosis of illness and physical conditions, and performance of therapeutic, corrective, and prescriptive measures of the designated outpatient/inpatient patient population.
• Uses evidence-based health care literature to advise and support appropriate practice changes within the designated service.
• Participates in the development and monitoring of patient outcomes per established practice protocols for purposes of quality and performance improvement.
• Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of peers and other health professionals.
• Maintains current expertise in area of practice.
• Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical and managerial role.
• Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and cultural groups in all patient care.
• Evaluates treatment and health care plans for effectiveness and modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
• Practices as a member of the allied health staff according to the rules and regulations of the Medical Staff and bylaws as outlined in the delineation of privileges.
• Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and occupational therapy, and home health services per practice protocol.
• Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications according to New Jersey State law, including controlled substances with DEA authorization.
• Works collaboratively with the attending physician, consulting physician(s), and other disciplines to identify, develop, and implement an appropriate plan of care that maximizes individual patient/family preference and enhances quality, access, and cost-effective outcomes.
• Formulates the plan of care, along with the attending physician, patient and family, based on expected goals of care and length of stay.
• Orders customary laboratory, radiological and diagnostic studies per practice protocols, differentiates between normal/abnormal findings and follows protocols for abnormal findings, which may include referral to consulting physicians per customary pattern of the attending MD or with the collaborating physician.
• Performs complete health history, physical examination and psychosocial assessment of patients within the designated practice or clinical unit.
• Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
• Participates in designated activities related to professional nursing standards and regulations of relevant outside agencies.
• Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs etc.
• Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the nursing staff responsible for the patients care in the hospital setting.
• Works collaboratively with nursing leadership to ensure timely communications with the nursing staff.
• Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain timely and appropriate communication with family members, housestaff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
• Participates in the development and revision of interdisciplinary and nursing standards, patient and family education materials as relevant to area of practice and expertise.
• Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with family members.
• Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols, pathways, and other means.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More