Patient Service Rep - Transplant - Full-time / Camden
The Patient Service Representative (PSR) is part of the care team in the ambulatory patient care setting and directly interacts with the patient, family, and caregiver in person, over the telephone, and via the patient portal. The PSR advocates for the patient in the delivery of quality, cost effective patient care by performing the clerical duties assigned by the physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, registered nurse, and practice leadership to improve individual and population health.
Summary of Accountabilities:
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of Virtua Health in behavior, practice, and decision making.
- Provides high quality customer service in person and over the telephone at all times to patients and their families.
- Schedule appointments according to scheduling template and established guidelines.
- Verify patient's insurance and obtain necessary referrals and pre-certifications prior to the date of service.
- Complete check-in for each patient prior to exam. Obtain payments when required, scan identification and insurance cards, and assure current demographic and insurance information is updated in the practice management system.
- Complete check-out assuring patient plans, orders, medications, and follow-up appointments are processed prior to the patient leaving the office.
- Promptly answer telephones within three rings identifying the practice and their name. Give the caller an opportunity to respond prior to being placed on hold.
- Courteously and professionally address patient inquires including scheduling appointments, answering questions, and taking complete and accurate messages.
- Promptly and accurately communicates patient questions, issues or concerns with providers received via telephone or patient portal.
- When directed, facilitate the completion of initiating a referral or prior authorization for diagnostics and testing; and communicate the results timely to the patient and provider.
- Maintains strict HIPPA compliance at all times according to Virtua Health policy.
- Respond to families, visitors, and staff in a sensitive manner.
- Offer highest quality customer service at all times to patients and their families.
- Cultivate positive relationships with all patients, customers, guests, and members of the care team.
- Communicate concerns and/or patient issues with Provider, Supervisor or Regional Administrator promptly.
- Participate in care team huddles one to two times per day, as determined by the provider.
- Assist with any additional duties as needed or as directed by Supervisor, Regional Administrator or Provider.
- Coverage of other practices as needed that will require travel to the alternate location. This will be at the discretion of the Supervisor and Regional Administrator.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Minimum three years experience as a Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant preferred.
In establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, hospital departments, organizations and the public.
Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Familiarity with ICD10 and CPT coding preferred.
Good command of the English language and medical terminology both orally and written.
The ability to perform diversified duties with a high degree of accuracy.
Ability to see and hear within normal limits with or without the use of corrective devices
Motor dexterity of hands and fingers.
Ability to utilize proper body mechanics
Ability to lift at least 50 pounds (without assistance)
Ability to frequently stand, walk, bend, lift, move, and pull. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More