Registrar Per Diem Day shift Camden
Gathers and enters patient demographic information into the hospital information system.
Verifies benefits, obtains required authorization.
Obtains co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance and deposit amounts.
Performs accurate and thorough registrations.
Is compliant with regulatory guidelines.
Acts as first contact representative of Virtua by providing excellent customer service.
• Obtains copies of patient insurance cards and identification and enters demographic, financial, insurance and clinical information into computer system; verifies completeness and accuracy of all data.
• Obtains signatures on all required documents for consent, medical necessity, and on required State, Federal and regulatory documentation. Processes all necessary paperwork.
• Correctly identifies, collects and processes co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance and deposits from patients and may facilitate resolution of billing issues by liaising with patient accounting, patient, and insurance representative.
• Identifies and provides appropriate referrals and payment options to patients needed financial assistance.
• Provides additional office support including telephones, scheduling, typing, filing, etc.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
1 year minimum medical admittance and/or medical office experience preferred.
Must demonstrate a positive demeanor, have both strong verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to handle potentially stressful situations and multiple tasks.
Must have basic typing, computer and/or word processing skills.
High School diploma.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More