EP RN Electrophysiology for Cherry Hill Cardiology
Health Management Services Organization Job Description
Title: Electrophysiology RN
Reports To: EP Lead Physician, RN Supervisor, Operations Coordinator
Department: Lourdes Cardiology Cherry Hill Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Job Summary: The Electrophysiology focused Registered Nurse provides quality care to patients. Using the nursing process, the RN will assess and document the care of patients. Works cooperatively with ancillary staff, nursing, and providers to maintain standards. Promotes patient’s health by managing long-term patient care. Assists physician in caring for patients with pacemaker, defibrillators, and loop recorders.
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the principal functions of the job and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Summary of Accountabilities:
- Perform device interrogation clinics in various offices
- Collaborate with office physicians regarding device management and concerns
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and the ability to make decisions that provide optimal and timely patient care
- Triage and assess patient problems/concerns while making sound nursing judgments
- Review and follow up of escalated daily remote PM/Defibrillator transmissions
- Utilize Device Vendor Databases for escalated remote transmissions
- Perform wound checks on post procedure patients
- Educate patients on importance of remote monitoring and utilization of remote devices
- Enter device evaluations in EMR for clinical record
- Maintains appropriate patient records and documents clinic visits
- Enter appropriate CPT codes and submit to the EP physician for sign off
- Coordinates follow-up plan with office staff to ensure that patients obtain follow up visits and other treatments as needed
- Maintains nursing supplies and anticipates needed supplies
- Maintain safe and clean working environment
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among the health care teams, offices, and hospitals
- Adheres to the policies of the organization
- Familiarity with HIPAA and Patient confidentially regulations
- All other job duties as assigned
Minimum Certifications, Registry and/or Licenses Required:
Current State of New Jersey nursing license to practice as a registered nurse. Current CPR certification and BLS.
Minimum Degree Required and Experience Required:
Graduate of an accredited nursing program. Minimum of 3-5 years of Electrophysiology, Cath Lab, or Cardiology experience (ie. rhythm interpretations and device interrogation and remote transmissions).
- Able to communicate effectively and courteously with patients, providers and staff members.
- Should have no problems working in a team environment, or independently.
- Proficient in Sage EMR.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Reflects professional image and possesses excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and team work skills.
- Make accurate physical assessments
- Must be physically able to lift, support, and move patients.
The Virtua Experience
Our journey to be leader in customer satisfaction and loyalty
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
Virtua, the premier choice in health and wellness.
The Virtua Credo:
We provide genuine, caring service every time.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More