Reg Nurse - Medical Office
Provide Triage Assessments in person and on the telephone with patients to determine the appropriate level of care required.
Prepare and assist clinical providers with patient examinations and procedures.
Perform clinical tasks within the scope of their licensure. Leads team as appropriate and assists with assignment of tasks.
• Conducts Triage patient assessments incorporating psychosocial and physiological status as well as health behaviors, compliance with therapeutic regime and technical procedures.
• Demonstrates a consistent ability to perform patient triage via telephone as well as in person.
• Identifies and evaluates patient and family needs, abilities and readiness to learn via telephone or schedules appointments. Instruct when possible teaching needed via telephone.
• Demonstrates complete knowledge of established standards for documentation.
• Communicates effectively and professionally with staff, supervisor, clients, physicians and others involved in care.
• Handles in office and telephone emergency situations. Stat lab/procedure follow-up. Facilitates medication refills per office policy. PT/INR follow up. Orders office medications/vaccines.
• Prepares patients for exam by obtaining and documenting vital signs, chief complaint.
• Administers vaccines per protocols and standing orders prior to physician exam.
• Performs specimens for processing.
• Assists with Minor surgical procedures and general medical treatment such as administering medication, applying appliances/dressings, performs first aid for injuries, lacerations, punctures, etc. in accordance with policy.
• Administers and documents medications requiring calculation and follow up assessment as directed by the physician.
• Performs diagnostic tests such as EKG, Pulmonary Function Testing, audiograms, vision screening.
• Provides patient education such as diabetic teaching, use of inhalers.
• Assists in the processing of abnormal lab studies as ordered by the physician.
• Assists Residents and Medical Students in the delivery of patient care.
• Participates in QI Projects.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Minimum 6 months experience in a physicians practice/primary care.
Knowledge of minor surgical procedures and sterile techniques.
Graduate of an approved RN School of Nursing.
Current NJ RN License.
Current CPR certification.
The Virtua Experience
Our journey to be leader in customer satisfaction and loyalty
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
Virtua, the premier choice in health and wellness.
The Virtua Credo:
We provide genuine, caring service every time.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More