Base Communicator - EMT Full time Day
Responsible for the daily operations of Medcom, to assure professional and consistent standard of radio communications for the Burlington/Camden MICU/South Star programs.
Provide Quality 911 basic emergency medical response in the community and surrounding area.
Responsible for basic pre-hospital care of patients in a high impact area with minimal supervision.
• Properly and professionally operates MEDCOM radios, equipment, and telephones to assure efficient communications for Virtua EMS Field Operations as required by NJ Regulation.
• Receives incoming calls and relays information to the chief or appropriate personnel or facility.
• Complete and monitor phone patches and transfers to support immediate on line medical direction.
• Consistently monitors Hippocrates Jemstat program and reports status as necessary.
• Performs all weekly and monthly radio testing as it relates to NJHERN reglations.
• Maintains all testing results and records.
• Assists with coordination of MICU Field Operations as requested by management.
• Acts as a communications/coordination resource for Virtua South Star as necessary.
• Assist with staffing Virtua Basic Life Support services as requested.
• Provides medical coordination for Virtua EMS resources in the event of a disaster/high profile incident. Effectively utilizes the MICU disaster recall policy as requested.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Previous EMS/911 dispatch experience preferred.
Knowledge of local EMS systems and EMS communications.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Graduate of a recognized Emergency Medical Technician-Basic Training Program.
Certified as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic by the Commissioner of Health & Senior Services of the State of New Jersey.
Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to the professional rescuer level, PHTLS or ILS and EVOC.
Must have a valid Driver’s license recognized by the State of New Jersey an driving record must meet insurance company standards/requirements.
Must complete yearly PPD, Fit Test, Corporate Compliance, HIPAA and Safety Day training by the date set forth by the department.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More