LPN - Physician Office
Job Profile Summary: Collaborates with the practice surgeons, physician assistants, staff, and leadership to support the practice and ensure excellent care of surgical patients. Acts as a liaison between the clinical staff and the patients, focusing on patient education both prior and post-surgery. Coordinates with lead medical assistant to provide oversight for Clinical Operations of the practice.
Responsibilities included but not limited to the following:
Supports the delivery of patient care.
- Prepares New patient consult form prior to visit.
- Stocks and prepares exam rooms for the day ahead based on the clinician’s preferences.
- Prepares procedure trays for post-surgical patient follow up and aesthetics patients.
- Prepares patient for exam as required by chief complaint.
- Provides general medical treatment such as administering medications, applying appliances, dressings, assisting clinician with tissue expander fills and drain removal, and stitch removal.
- Obtains specimens for processing and completes order for Lab.
- Phone triage of surgical patients -intake, documentation of conversation and chief complaint. Communicates and works closely with surgeons and PAs to ensure patient problems are resolved.
- Monitor emails for patient communications.
- Fills out Patient disability forms.
- Ability to make appointments in the EMR.
Supports Care Management Efforts
- Leads patient education efforts.
- Collaborates with Lead Medical assistant to maintain par level of clinical supplies for facility.
- Performs daily regulatory testing as required and documents accordingly to ensure that all clinical equipment is accurate and compliant.
- Do monthly inventory expiration checks.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a physician office. Hospital and facility experience not necessary but appreciated. Oncology experience is not necessary, but helpful.
- Graduate of approved LPN School of Nursing
- Current NJ LPN License. Current CPR certification.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More