Scheduling Specialist - Sports Medicine and Pain & Spine - Marlton
Schedules inpatient or outpatient procedures.
Informs patients and physician office of prep instructions or other test requirements.
Correctly identifies the patient, matches medical records, and facilitates hospital care.
• Responsible for the organized flow of patients throughout the department by accurately inputting surgical procedures and preference cards, orders.
• Acts as the key contact within the department for coordinating the admission process and scheduling surgical procedures.
• Alerts facilitator of current or potential problems and assists in resolution.
• Handles a high volume of incoming and outgoing communication from the unit while providing excellent customer service.
• Maintains medical records, stat reports, enters data into multiple data bases, and runs reports as required.
• Maintains office supplies and equipment.
• Assists in orienting new staff on scheduling and data collection processes.
• Assists with unit coverage as needed.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Previous medical clerical experience.
Understanding of medical terminology.
Computer user proficiency (data entry).
Clear communication skills.
Professional phone demeanor.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Virtua welcomes all individuals, inclusive of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion and faith, national origin, and disabilities, and we proudly look to each person’s unique achievements and experiences to continue to set us apart. Our whole-hearted commitment to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace enables Virtua to be here for our communities, here for our patients, here for our colleagues—Here for Good.Apply
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More