Genetic Counselor - Oncology Services Full time
Virtua is looking to add a full-time Genetic Counselor - Oncology Services, to our team in Southern NJ.
Virtua and Penn Medicine have announced a strategic alliance for the purpose of creating easier access to care by growing programs in South Jersey supported by both organizations, and by facilitating access to advanced care provided by Penn. The alliance includes programs for cancer and neuroscience.
As a Genetic Counselor – Oncology Services, you will provide genetic counseling and education for patients and families at high risk for developing cancer, document patient encounters and test results in medical record as well as participate in community outreach efforts to educate public on genetic aspects of cancer and promotes cancer prevention and risk reduction strategies. You will also be responsible for collaborating with referring physicians and other members of the care team to facilitate testing process and communicating results and participate and support research studies involving cancer risk assessment services.
- Bachelors Degree. Master’s Degree in Genetic Counseling.
- Board Certified (BC) or Board Eligible (BE) designation by the ABMG and/or ABGC. Genetic Counseling licensure by the state on NJ within 6 months of hire.
- Prior cancer or other genetic counseling experience preferred.
- Knowledge of research methodology and computer applications.
- Demonstrated ability in clinical and genetic counseling practice, patient and clinical staff teaching; training in cancer genetics, risk assessment, and counseling; requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with physicians, patients, and family members about risks for development of cancer, and probability that patient carries specific genetic mutation.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple and complex systems, issues, and workload.
Be Well. Get Well. Stay Well.
This is the Virtua Mission we live and stand by. Virtua is an integrated delivery system comprised of 3 acute hospitals, surgical centers, group practice physician offices, urgent care clinics, and rehabilitation centers. Known as a market leader across numerous competencies, Virtua has a proven track record of successful leadership, both clinically and financially. We offer progressive, cutting edge care with a 5 star customer service experience that our customers have come to love and expect. Virtua is nationally recognized as a high quality health system, receiving Leapfrog “A” grades for all hospitals and a Press Ganey Award for Patient Satisfaction. Virtua is also listed on InformationWeek’s 500 list of technology innovators, manages an ACO, and has received #1 Best Place to Work recognition in part because of its strong patient, employee, and community loyalty.
Virtua is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin or any other category protected by federal or state law.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More