Clerical Assistant - FT
Receives, classifies, consolidates, and/or summarizes documents and information.
Maintains records of documents processed.
Compiles and maintains various reports in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Types letters, forms, reports from rough drafts and corrected copies.
Answers and routes phone calls may contact customers, suppliers, or other employees outside the immediate work unit to exchange information.
• Responsible for accuracy of assigned work.
• Reports problems involving assignments to officer or higher level administrative support for resolution.
• Receives incoming mail and processes requests for information via phone and/or email in accordance with established policies and procedures, particularly regarding confidentiality.
• Ensures information is forwarded to the correct department and calls are routed to the appropriate personnel.
• May greet visitors, answer routine inquires, and direct visitors to the appropriate office.
• May contact customers, suppliers, or other employees outside the immediate work unit to exchange information.
• Maintains accurate records, and neat filing and storage areas.
• Processes documents according to established procedures and practices.
• Types letters, forms, and compiles reports from rough drafts and corrected copies.
• Assists in maintaining appropriate office supplies and equipment.
• Assists other personnel as requested.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Up to 6 months general office experience.
Basic computer user skills (data entry, information look-ups, word processing).
Good Communication skills (verbal-written-listening) in order to interact with internal staff and external clientele or suppliers.
High School diploma.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More