Job DetailsApply Now
Nursing Director - Emergency ServicesJob ID 1046052 Type Employee - Full Time Location Mount Holly Standard Hours 40
The Nursing Director manages one or more defined areas of nursing responsibilities.
Has direct supervision of assigned staff and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Accountable for providing a professional practice environment, promoting shared decision-making and professional autonomy.
Provides clinical and administrative leadership and expertise in area of responsibility and within the organization as a whole.
Decisions and actions are based on ethical principles.
Has 24 hour accountability for assigned unit.
• Articulates and implements a compelling and actionable vision, mission, philosophy, and core values, and communicates uniformly to staff. Demonstrates leadership and accountability for all department functions and goals.
• Oversees ongoing orientation and staff development.
• Empowers staff to participate in decision-making. Conveys a strong sense of advocacy and support on behalf of the staff.
• Drives recruitment process, selection, and retention to support Virtua’s employment of the Best People. Aligns clinical needs with employee skill sets and competence.
Clinical Quality and Safety
• Enforces high patient care standards based on evidence and research.
• Ensures Care Coordination by facilitating the interaction of nursing services with other members of the health care team.
• Evaluates the quality, safety and appropriateness of care utilizing patient outcome data and takes appropriate action depending on results.
• Ensures implementation of evidence based best practices across the system.
• Excellent Service (Patient Satisfaction).
• Responsible for service and satisfaction outcomes for patient population.
• Manage selection of staff for appropriate staffing, scheduling, and assignments.
• Develops, monitors and is accountable financial performance of the assigned departments.
• Advocates for and allocates available resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, and compassionate nursing care based on current standards of practice.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Requires 3 years recent clinical experience.
Demonstrates competency in management and leadership skills.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing with current NJ RN license.
BSN or Bachelor's in related field is required.
Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
Effective 2/1/14, applicants must have a Baccalaureate or Master’s degree in Nursing.
Appropriate certification per specialty and/or regulatory agency is required.
Maintains appropriate certification and professional organization membership.
Keeps abreast of current nursing practice.