Patient Care Technician ED
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse/and or LPN, assists with patients’ activities of daily living and plan of care.
Communicates with and supports healthcare team, patients and/or patient’s family or significant other(s).
Maintains and demonstrates high standards of professional ethics.
• Supports the activities of daily living to include bathing, dressing, grooming, oral care, feeding, toileting/hygiene, and assisting with mobility and transport. Demonstrates standard precautions including the care of patients in isolation and safe patient practice.
• Performs technical duties as directed by RN/LPN, such as phlebotomy, vital signs, point of care testing, EKGs, bladder scanning, foley catheter care specific to population served and documents appropriately.
• Identifies and communicates changes in patient’s status to RN/LPN and responds appropriately. Demonstrates standard precautions including the care of patients in isolation and safe patient practice.
• Reinforces education of patient and family/responsible party regarding individual care needs and safety issues.
• Participates in Virtua patient satisfaction initiatives and goals. Participates in the performance improvement activities. Assists in orientation of new hires.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Demonstrates required knowledge of basic patient care skills, procedures and standards.
Must have strong communication skills.
High School Diploma or Grade Equivalent Diploma (GED) required.
Must have successfully completed a PCT course, or a fundamentals nursing course in an RN program, or have worked an equivalent of 2 years of direct patient care.
Phlebotomy training/education is required for the Emergency Department positions.
Enhances skills through ongoing education and training. Maintains regulatory and departmental level competencies.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More