Registered Nurse -Long Term Care -PD
Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of residents/patients.
Administers medications and treatments and documents per facility policy.
• Administers treatments/medications as ordered by physician, and documents same and closely monitors effectiveness.
• Performs comprehensive assessment of resident/patient including development, implementation and evaluation of a written plan of care for each resident/patient.
• Monitors care being rendered to patient/resident by LPN & CNA (including agency staff) to ensure that all personnel are providing care to the resident as stated by the plan of care and facility policy.
• Actively participates in the Patient Satisfaction program. Monitors staff interaction, keeps patient and families advised of patient/resident progress and response to care plan during their shift . Complies with Virtua Star Standards of Performance.
• Responds to emergencies, assess, evaluates and confers with a physician triaging patient appropriate level of care.
• Educates patient/resident and family/responsible party regarding individual care and needs, safety issues, etc.
• Practices universal precautions and adheres to facility policy with regard to spread of infections.
• Maintains department level competencies and participates in performance improvement activities.
Graduate from accredited school of Nursing.
Current NJ RN License.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More