Social Worker BSW Per Diem
****Per Diem Social Worker BSW needed to cover vacations during the week and also days/evenings/or weekends when needed for admissions.
****This person will also be responsible for Case Management which includes: updating insurance information and communicating with the IDT Team
Responsible for the psychosocial assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring and support of patients through the continuum of care.
Using appropriate utilization of resources, maintain compliance and achieve cost effective and positive patient outcomes.
Utilizes independent critical thinking and collaborates with multidisciplinary team to address patient’s discharge needs and transition into post acute setting when applicable.
Works in accordance with Federal, State and Local Standards, Guidelines and Regulations, and the Organization’s Policies and Procedures.
• Care Coordination Coordinates appropriate care through psychosocial assessment, multidisciplinary rounds and patient advocacy.
• Communicates and educates patient, family and healthcare team on the plan of care.
• Makes appropriate referrals within the scope of available benefits to facilitate discharge or safe transition to post acute setting.
• Provides education on available resources and strategies for utilizing or gaining access to resources.
• Documentation Appropriate and complete documentation of psychosocial review and transitional plan in the medical record and in the CM documentation system (Medical Social Worker).
• Compliance Possess knowledge of public and private welfare and health agencies available to serve the community.
• Acts as a liaison with community health and social service agencies establishing effective professional relationships by personal/telephone contact correspondence. Also, possess knowledge of state and federal hospital compliance.
• Identifies and reports compliance issues as appropriate.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
1 year Medical Social Work experience.
Preferred: 3 years experience as Clinical Social Worker.
Preferred: Sub Acute or Acute Rehab experience
Basic understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and managed care.
Discharge planning or home health background.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, organization and conflict resolution.
Demonstrates competence in providing basic social work services including psychosocial counseling with individuals and families.
Ability to understand medical terminology and communicate effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds.
Graduate of an approved Social Services Program, minimum education of Bachelor's Degree in Social Work.
Current certification or licensure by the State of New Jersey for Social Work.
The Virtua Experience
Our journey to be leader in customer satisfaction and loyalty
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
Virtua, the premier choice in health and wellness.
The Virtua Credo:
We provide genuine, caring service every time.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More