Special Tech Diagnostics Per diem Cath Lab/Interventional
Coordinates the daily activities within the Interventional Radiology department. Performs diagnostic radiographic procedures in accordance with approved technique and the ALARA Limits.
Supports the Virtua mission and vision statements and upholds the Virtua values and STAR behaviors. Adheres to Virtua policies and procedures.
• Under the direction of a Radiologist, performs all Interventional Radiology procedures on all patient populations. Prepares and maintains a sterile environment, provides instruction to patients, utilizes aseptic techniques using drapes, equipment, and solutions while assisting the interventional radiologist. Practices established principles of radiation safety and protection. Demonstrates appropriate and effective use of all radiographic equipment and computer systems such as RIS, PACS, Web viewer, ADW workstation and other hospital based computer or PC systems.
• Consistently provides thorough and accurate documentation. Obtains pertinent medical information prior to the procedure, reviews and verifies physicians¿ orders.
• Documents correct side, LMP etc. Ensures appropriate and confidential information management practices to include the effective use of HIS/RIS systems, and knowledge of procedure codes to maximize reimbursement.
• Provides instruction to and assists in training new staff or student radiologic technologists.
• Responsible for ensuring accurate inventory supply par levels for all Interventional products utilized.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Minimum of (1) one year of experience as an Interventional Radiologic Technologist preferred.
Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
Registered or registry eligible by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.) and licensed by the State of New Jersey DEP.
CPR certification required.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More