Ultrasound Tech PD Mt. Holly
Performs high quality Ultrasound examinations in accordance with approved techniques and protocols on an as-needed/ per diem basis.
Supports Virtua Health Mission & Vision Statements and adheres to Virtua Health’s Policies and Procedures.
• Consistently performs high quality Ultrasound studies for our various patient populations according to protocols established by Radiologists. Demonstrate ability to recognize and accurately document pathology identified in scans.
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge of Ultrasound equipment.
• Performs a preliminary evaluation for each patient. Obtains pertinent medical history prior to exam, obtains previous examinations and reports. Reviews and verifies physician’s orders.
• Prepares room as needed for biopsy exams. Familiar with all equipment utilized for biopsy exam.
• Assists and scans, as needed, during biopsy procedure. Assists in inter-operative biopsy procedures and responds to OR in timely manner.
• Responds to changes in the work schedule. Covers all shifts on a rotational basis and responds immediately on call when contacted by Communications and arrives within the appropriate time established by Virtua Health policy.
• Demonstrates appropriate and effective use of RIS and hospital based computer programs and adheres to all policies and practices regarding confidentiality of all electronic communications.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Experience preferred in abdominal, obstetrical, small parts and vascular imaging.
Formal education in Diagnostic Ultrasound program.
ARDMS certification or registry eligible, must be licensed within 2 years of employment.
The Virtua Experience
Our journey to be leader in customer satisfaction and loyalty
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
Virtua, the premier choice in health and wellness.
The Virtua Credo:
We provide genuine, caring service every time.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More