Account Resolution Specialist Part time Early Intervention
Accounts Resolution Specialist – Early Intervention
20 hours per week – Part-Time
Ability to work a flexible schedule and remotely
Office is 523 Fellowship Rd, Suite 270, Mount Laurel
Organized, attention to detail and task oriented.
Ability to prioritize tasks and transition between tasks
Navigate between multiple operating systems including:
- Microsoft platforms (excel, outlook, word)
- ADOBE Pro
- External web based systems
- Internal shared sites
Excellent communication skills with colleagues and customers – both inside and outside of Virtua
Responsible for all financial, auditing, and statistical information related to the program. This includes:
- Reporting volumes, productivity, and revenue
- Reconciling payments received to visits provided
- Generating various reports
- Preparing various reports
- Communicating any issues or concerns to appropriate colleague
Work collaboratively with Virtua leadership, finance, auditing, EIP teams; NJ Early Intervention System colleagues
• Responsible to handle all files transmitted from the organization to the clearing house and payors that encompasses denied/incorrect payment explanations of denials. Coordinate work with coding company to resolve issues in timely and accurate fashion.
Ensure that the following processes are adhered to:
- Knowledge of payers claim submission requirements
- Maintains the accounts receivable as determined by the days of revenue outstanding
- Responsible for accurate and timely filing of claim submissions
- Responsible on a timely manner to document and submit for approval all “Bad Debt”
Responsible for knowledge of assigned payers claim submission requirements
Analyzes, identifies and trends billing issues to proactively reduce denials and variances. Works system generated reports such as residual balance, credits, no-pay. Reports and resolves variances and inefficiencies, escalating accounts as necessary to resolve billing issues.
Run reports from practice management system and complete analysis of reports. Report findings to Director.
• Act as senior member of team, assisting in overall root cause analysis, team communication and relaying information to training team to ensure that front end education and retraining is conducted.
• Review bad debt file for write off and transmission to collection agency. Review collection agency files and advise management of any invoices to be processed or terms not being met.
• Assign work files to staff and coordinate finalization of all activity related to claims denial management.
• Handle Customer Service inquiries both internally and externally.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Individual must have knowledge of accounts receivable practices and business office, medical office or surgical procedures.
Knowledge of coding (i.e. CPT-4 and ICD-10 coding), contract or insurance agency reimbursement procedures and practices, and basic collections/reconciliation applications.
Skills with computer applications and use of calculator, fax machine, and copier.
Ability to deal courteously, professionally, and effectively with patients and co-workers.
Must be able to work effectively as a team member within the Billing Office and other departmental staff and management.
Must be proficient with Excel.
Three years’ experience in accounts receivables or billing required.
HS diploma required.
Associate degree or commensurate experience preferred.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More