Advanced Nurse Clinician -ED Voorhees
A masters prepared nurse whose primary focus is the assurance of clinical outcomes for select patient populations through staff education, interdisciplinary coordination of care, and clinical leadership.
Clinical Quality and Safety
• Interprets clinical, technical, and patient data to improve clinical quality and patient outcomes for the population of patients in the department.
• Coordinates and directs members of the interdisciplinary health teams in the implementation of standardized approaches to patient care.
• Directs patient discharge process including education, disposition and timeliness.
• Redesigns care modality for patient/disease management and resolve clinical quality issues which involve members of the IDC team.
• Communicates practice changes from committees and ensures application of new policies, procedures, equipment and forms on the unit.
Best People (Education)
• Evaluates initial nursing skills through on-unit observation, chart review and discussion.
• Oversees learning and orientation, mediates education and competency short falls as well as developing preceptors within the organization.
• Develops and implements learning environment for the department.
• Evaluates efficacy of case studies, rounds, research and develops education to introduce standards of care practices. Implements evidence based best practices across the system.
• Provides real time counseling and coaching to the interdisciplinary team.
• Assesses competency assessment plans and subsequent education plans for the staff of the unit.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
A minimum of 2 to 5 years recent clinical experience in specialty area is required, preferably at advanced level.
Masters prepared registered nurse or near completion of advanced degree.
Possess certification relative to specialty: BLS minimum requirement, ACLS requirement for critical care, labor and delivery, emergency department. NALS for neonatal areas. PALS for those areas with children: Pediatrics and emergency department.
Possess or eligible for Advanced Practice License in State of New Jersey.
Must show evidence of maintaining knowledge and skills through continuing education and independent study.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More