Emergency Medical Technician EMT 911/SCT Transport Full time
Full time for 911 and new SCTU and Non-Emergent BLS transport for the Virtua Health System under Virtua EMS!
Provides quality 911 basic emergency medical response in the community and surrounding area.
Responsible for basic pre-hospital care of patients in a high impact area with minimal supervision.
• Performs patient assessment and provides appropriate treatment according to established protocols in the pre-hospital setting.
• Accurately and completely documents patient assessment, treatment, response to treatment and transfer of care upon completion of every incident. Accurately and efficiently responds to all quality assurance requests.
• Operates an ambulance in a safe, defensive and courteous manner. Demonstrates knowledge of motor vehicle law-adheres to driving policies at all times, ensures the vehicle is fueled and operable and reports problems in a timely manner.
• Performs vehicle and equipment check at the start of each shift. Ensures that the vehicle and ready room are sufficiently stocked and ready for service.
• Completes supply inventory as requested by department management.
• Maintains all Virtua owned and squad owned equipment and property in a safe, clean and secure manner.
• Participates in orientation and training of new staff and others. Monitors new staff performance during the shift and gives guidance to help the new staff focus or obtain needed skills.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Previous BLS experience preferred.
Graduate of a recognized Emergency Medical Technician-Basic Training Program.
Certified as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic by the Commissioner of Health & Senior Services of the State of New Jersey.
Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to the professional rescuer level, PHTLS or ILS and EVOC.
Must have valid Driver’s license recognized by the State of New Jersey and driving record must meet insurance company standards/requirements.
Must complete yearly PPD, Fit Test, Corporate Compliance, HIPAA and Safety Day training by the date set forth by the department.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More