Intake Registered Nurse - Med Surg Home Health Every Other Weekend - JNESO (Part Time)
Virtua Health, a Magnet-recognized health system ranked by U.S. News and World Report, has received many awards for quality, safety, and its outstanding work environment. As a High Reliability Organization, Virtua Health has systems in place that makes us consistent in accomplishing our goals and avoiding potentially catastrophic errors. As South Jersey’s largest health system, we are committed to the mission of helping people be well, get well, and stay well and average more than one million patient encounters each year. Virtua’s 14,000 employees provide comprehensive care at 5 hospitals and more than 280 other locations, in addition to bringing health services directly into communities through home health, rehabilitation, mobile screenings, and its paramedic program. The Philadelphia Business Journal named Virtua #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley (2018 & 2019) in the 1,000-employee plus category. Virtua has been elected to the Philadelphia Business Journal's Best Place to Work Hall of Fame.
Here is an opportunity to join the Home Care Department of Virtua Health where caring is at the core of our nursing culture. Virtua Home Care is a large, Medicare-certified home health agency that provides multidisciplinary skilled services in Burlington, Camden and Gloucester counties. As an Intake Department Nurse-Maternal Child Health, you will be responsible for review of patient referrals, follow up with physicians and referral sources, and communication with internal and external customers. The ideal candidate is a Registered Nurse with home health and maternal child health nursing experience who possesses excellent communication skills, and is highly organized with an ability to multitask in a face-paced environment.
Responsible for assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care through outcome identification and evidence-based practice.
As an integral member of the health care team, coordinates patient care and communicates and collaborates extensively with the other members of the healthcare team, patients and/or patient's family or significant other(s).
Maintains and demonstrates high standards of professional ethics.
• Performs an assessment of the patient, leading to development, implementation and evaluation of a plan of care.
• Administers, monitors and documents therapeutic interventions and regimes.
• Effectively manages rapidly changing situations.
• Participates in clinical decision-making.
• Educates patient and family/responsible party regarding disease process, individual care needs, wellness, safety issues, etc.
• Delegates and monitors care rendered by other members of nursing department and healthcare team.
• Demonstrates standard precautions and patient safety principles in practice.
• Participates in orientation, education and development of healthcare team.
• Identifies and participates in the performance improvement activities.
• Maintains professional and departmental level competencies.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Must have valid NJ RN License. Approved licenses must be presented and maintained in accordance with the State of New Jersey licensing board. Refer to the Educational/Regulatory Requirement (Department Specific) policy in the Nursing Administrative Manual.
Demonstrates knowledge of nursing skills, hospital practices, procedures and standards.
Perfects skills and stays abreast of current nursing practice through on-going education, journals, etc. Must have strong communication skills.
Must be able to coordinate efforts of a team of care providers.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More