Nurse Manager SCTU Specialty Care Transport Unit
The Nurse Manager will perform the duties of patient care and management of the daily operations of the department.
This person is responsible for efficient operations, scheduling, safety, patient care coordination, quality management, as well as patient, professional, and community education.
Ensures effective interdisciplinary team communication and interaction.
The Nurse Manager is also responsible for coordinating clinical services and assuring consistent quality care for patients, working within the framework of the State Nurse Practice Act and following all corporate policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the ongoing daily management within the scope of the corporate standards, protocols, guidelines, policies and procedures. Works in collaboration with nursing, medical staff, ancillary departments and may include pilots and pre-hospital providers.
• Supervise all aspects of care delivered and provide routine performance feedback to staff on a consistent basis.
• Responsible for hiring, scheduling, counseling and evaluating staff. Assumes role of staff nurse/paramedic when necessary.
• Incorporates research, performance improvement, education and clinical activities to enhance the care of patients.
• Actively supports and monitors the corporate Quality Management Program to ensure quality services and outcomes.
• Responsible for assuring compliance with all applicable regulatory and governmental agencies (e.g. AAAHC, DOH), including conducting, documenting all necessary educational in-services/competencies and updating policies and procedures.
• Actively participates in the formation and implementation of the budget and monitors to remain within financial constraints.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Minimum 2 years specialty experience.
2 years Management experience in specialty area preferred. (VMT - Minimum of (2) years' experience in critical care nursing and (2) years' experience in SCTU nursing required, 2 years management experience in specialty area preferred.)
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. (MICU-Bachelor’s degree required.)
Appropriate certification per specialty and/or regulatory agency is required.
Current New Jersey RN license required.
Virtua Health is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination FacilityApply
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More