Paramedic Full time & Per diem-New Competitive Rates!
Virtua MICU recruiting for full time and Per diem Paramedics!
Please ask about our new, competitive rates as well as relocation assistance!
Provides quality 911 advanced emergency medical response in the community and surrounding area.
Responsible for advanced pre-hospital care of patients in a high impact area with minimal supervision.
• Performs patient assessment and provides appropriate treatment according to established protocols and medical command in the pre-hospital setting.
• Accurately and completely documents patient assessment, treatment, response to treatment and transfer of care upon completion of every incident. Accurately and efficiently responds to all quality assurance requests.
• Operates MICU vehicles in a safe, defensive and courteous manner. Demonstrates knowledge of motor vehicle law adheres to driving policies at all times, ensures the vehicle is fueled and operable and reports problems in a timely manner.
• Performs vehicle and equipment check at the start of each shift. Ensures that the vehicle and ready room are sufficiently stocked and ready for service.
• Completes supply inventory as requested by department management.
• Maintains all Virtua owned equipment and property in a safe, clean and secure manner.
• Participates in education of students, orientation and training of new staff and others.
• Monitors student performance during the shift and gives guidance to help the student focus or obtain needed skills.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Previous BLS experience.
Graduate of a recognized Paramedic Training Program.
Certified as a Paramedic by the Commissioner of Health & Senior Services of the State of New Jersey.
Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to the professional rescuer level, American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support, American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support or American Academy of Pediatrics PEPP and PHTLS or ITLS, and EVOC.
Must have a valid Driver’s License recognized by the State of New Jersey and driving record must meet insurance company standards/ requirements.
Must have completed all State and Federally mandated NIMS/ICS training.
Must complete yearly PPD, Fit Test, Corporate Compliance, HIPAA and Safety Day training by the date set forth by the department.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More