Patient Accounts Rep - A/R, Billing & Collections, Navinet & Epic
The duties of the position include Health Insurance Accounts Receivable processing, troubleshooting and resolving of unpaid/denied claims.
General industry terminology knowledge should include: UB04, copays, coinsurance, deductibles, takebacks, allowables, contractual adjustments.
Software application experience should include EMR - EPIC a plus, electronic billing and posting of payments, Navinet, and clearing house.
- Responsible for accurate, timely billing and claim payment collections.
- Review/resolve denied/unpaid claim within timely filing guidelines for accurate & complete coding.
- Accurate & complete patient information (demographics, insurance coverage, required auths)
- Submission of claim appeals to secure payment via website, phone, written or other payor tools e.g. Navinet.
- Analyze/identify trends in claims processing to reduce denials and variance in payments.
- Generate system reports to track your productivity including month end A/R.
- Escalate all billing issues to management that impact payment resolution of claims.
- 1-3 years billing A/R experience in a medical organization intensely dealing with insurance. companies, Home Healthcare experience is a plus.
- History of critical thinking and analytical judgement in trouble shooting claim problems.
- Be resourceful, able to function independently and provide ideas to expedite processes in AR challenges.
- EMR software - minimum 1 year experience - EPIC preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Epic, and Navinet.
- Familiar with medical/AR terminology.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More