RN - Home Health - Per Diem
Per Diem Requirement: 36 hours/6 weeks. Unless approved otherwise by a manager, this requirement must be met with eight (8) or ten (10) hour shifts. For Home Health productivity comes to 27 visits (includes at least 6 visits on a weekend day).
Responsible for assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care through outcome identification and evidence-based practice.
As an integral member of the health care team, coordinates patient care and communicates and collaborates extensively with the other members of the healthcare team, patients and/or patient's family or significant other(s).
Maintains and demonstrates high standards of professional ethics.
• Performs an assessment of the patient, leading to development, implementation and evaluation of a plan of care.
• Administers, monitors and documents therapeutic interventions and regimes.
• Effectively manages rapidly changing situations.
• Participates in clinical decision-making.
• Educates patient and family/responsible party regarding disease process, individual care needs, wellness, safety issues, etc.
• Delegates and monitors care rendered by other members of nursing department and healthcare team.
• Demonstrates standard precautions and patient safety principles in practice.
• Participates in orientation, education and development of healthcare team.
• Identifies and participates in the performance improvement activities.
• Maintains professional and departmental level competencies.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Must have valid NJ RN License. Approved licenses must be presented and maintained in accordance with the State of New Jersey Licensing Board. Refer to the Educational/Regulatory Requirement (Department Specific) policy in the Nursing Administrative Manual.
Demonstrates knowledge of nursing skills, hospital practices, procedures and standards.
Perfects skills and stays abreast of current nursing practice through on-going education, journals, etc.
Must have strong communication skills.
Must be able to coordinate efforts of a team of care providers.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More