Registered Nurse -Home Health
Virtua Health, a Magnet-recognized health system ranked by U.S. News and World Report, has received many awards for quality, safety, and its outstanding work environment. As a High Reliability Organization, Virtua Health has systems in place that makes us consistent in accomplishing our goals and avoiding potentially catastrophic errors. As South Jersey’s largest health system, we are committed to the mission of helping people be well, get well, and stay well and average more than one million patient encounters each year. Virtua’s 14,000 employees provide comprehensive care at 5 hospitals and more than 280 other locations, in addition to bringing health services directly into communities through home health, rehabilitation, mobile screenings, and its paramedic program. The Philadelphia Business Journal named Virtua #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley (2018 & 2019) in the 1,000-employee plus category. Virtua has been elected to the Philadelphia Business Journal's Best Place to Work Hall of Fame.
Here is an opportunity to join the Home Care Department of Virtua Health where caring is at the core of our nursing culture. Virtua Home Care is a large, Medicare-certified home health agency that provides multidisciplinary skilled services in Burlington, Camden and Gloucester counties. Nurses are assigned to care teams in designated geographical territories. The ideal candidate is a Registered Nurse with a minimum of one-year medical/surgical experience to work predominately in Burlington County. Prior home health experience is preferred, but is not required. As a Home Health RN, you will provide hands-on skilled nursing care for adult patients in their homes. Patient/caregiver education in disease management is an essential part of the nurse’s role to support and promote self-management skills. At Virtua, patient safety, evidence-based care, specialty certifications, shared governance and just culture are the distinguishing attributes that set us apart from the others.
Responsible for assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care through outcome identification and evidence based - practice for the patient in their homes.
Coordinates patient care and communicates and collaborates extensively with other members of the healthcare team, patients, patient families and significant others to develop the plan of care.
Supervises the Home Health Aide in the home.
Promotes delivery of quality care and efficient utilization of agency resources.
• Conducts comprehensive patient assessments incorporating psychosocial and physiological status as well as health behaviors, compliance with therapeutic regime and technical procedures.
• Coordinates plan of treatment with the physician through timely and appropriate communication with the physician.
• Administers, monitors, and documents therapeutic interventions and regimes.
• Demonstrates complete knowledge of established standards for documentation, use of point of service devise, and time frames for completion.
• Educates patient and family / significant other regarding disease process, individual care needs, wellness, medications, safety issues, etc.
• Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to establish the plan of care.
• Maintains standard precautions and patient safety principles.
• Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
• Maintains professional and departmental level competencies.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Must have a valid NJ RN License. Approved licenses must be presented and maintained in accordance with the State of New Jersey Licensing Board.
1 - 2 years recent work experience in a hospital i.e. Med/Surg, E.R., OB/GYN, Peds, MICU, CCU or other specialty units and/or one year recent community health experience.
Broad knowledge of nursing practice and ability to apply specific skills in the home health setting.
Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More