Simulation Technician will provide technical support for all simulation operations at Virtua, including running, maintenance and repair of all simulation equipment, simulators, and simulation related computers (software and hardware). This position will not support the EMS/Paramedic Program.
- Understands the use and operations of all the different simulation related technology.
- Serves as a simulator operator-running scenario with interdisciplinary members of Virtua staff, assuring all equipment is set up for scenarios.
- Assists with the creation of the simulation environment for scenarios, including simulator preparation, equipment needed, use of standardized patients, and other needs to create a realistic learning environment.
- Travels as needed for mobile needs.
- Provides technical assistance, support and training to Virtua staff in the use of simulation equipment.
- Assists with simulation scenario set up, implementation, and debriefing.
- Assist with data collection and record keeping procedures to evaluate simulation standards for simulation.
- Maintains currency in existing and emerging technologies and trends related to simulation. Provides education and technical assistance to faculty/healthcare agency representatives.
- Obtains, coordinates and organizes equipment and supplies to be utilized in the simulation lab.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of supplies and equipment for the simulation center.
- Assesses for ongoing maintenance needs on all simulation equipment, including cleaning and repairing, as needed. Maintains a record of maintenance and repair.
- Communicates with simulation equipment manufacturers regarding maintenance problems; as well as, new simulation product information.
- Manages schedule requests for use of the simulation laboratory and coordinates equipment needed for requests
- Assists with Policy and Procedure development and revisions related to simulation.
- Assists with special projectsor initiatives as needed. Assist with tours and simulation sessions for external customers as requested
- Performs other duties as needed
At least one year experience working with patient simulation services, technologies and applications, computer hardware equipment and software applications relevant to simulator functions.
• Possess basic understanding of human anatomy and physiology
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people
• Attention to detail and follow through
Technical diploma or Associate degree in technology or health related field is required. Bachelor's degree preferred
Training / Certification / Licensure:
CHSOS and/ or CHSE Certification strongly preferred. Applicant will obtain certification within 2 years of hire if not already certified.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More