Office Assistant - Gastroenterology - Sewell/Linwood/Camden
Performs medical office duties including verifying insurance, answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, registering patients, and entering all billing information into system.
Collects co-pays and performs pre-certifications and filing.
• Answers and screens phone calls by third ring. Directs all calls to appropriate staff member, ensuring all information is accurate.
• Responsible for scheduling patient appointments and registering patients, including updating and verifying all system demographics and insurance information.
• Performs billing functions such as entering charges and payments, collecting co-pays, reconciling batches and preparing deposits.
• Responsible for preparing referrals and obtaining pre-certifications as required.
• May train and direct office assistants at sites, including preparation of work and training schedules. Acts as office resource and mentoring role model.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Must have strong multi-tasking abilities and computer literacy.
1-2 years Medical Office experience.
HS diploma or equivalent.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More