Accounts Payable Representative
Contributes to effective resource stewardship by ensuring the integrity of Virtua’s cash disbursements for products and services received.
Strives to provide excellent service to its internal and external customers through ongoing support and education.
Is the liaison between Virtua employees/managers and outside vendors with regards to payment policy and procedure issues.
• Responsible for processing invoices (manual and electronic), credits, and patient refunds related to check requests, purchase orders and contracts for the hospital and related entities. Processing entails verifying the three way match (invoice, receiving and PO), validating signatures, resolving any discrepancies and analyze and reconcile vendor statements to Aged Trial Balance.
• Review and analyze system and manual accruals.
• Function as the liaison between the vendor and Virtua’s departments, and perform the necessary research to resolve all customer issues and prevent any interruption of services to our customers. Educate internal and external customers on payment policies and procedures to promote resource stewardship.
• Ensure Accounts Payable System integrity by balancing daily and monthly to the Aged Trial Balance and other system reports for proper recording of open liabilities on the financial statements. Maintain and support the AP system installs, upgrades, and make recommendations for process improvements.
• Responsible for updating required information for regulatory reporting and vendor remittance information to ensure proper payment terms and remittance information.
• Responsible for obtaining IRS Form W-9 from vendors to ensure proper payment and tax filing to the IRS and vendors. Processing of IRS Form 1099 includes reconciling, validating, and printing statements.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
One to three years in general business office experience preferably in accounting or accounts payable.
Ability to work independently to achieve goals and prioritize work assignments.
Utilizes the strong analytical, organizational, and inter-personal skills of its best people to complete the job duties.
Must have a working knowledge of Windows, Word, and Excel.
HS graduate or equivalent required.
Accounting classes a plus.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More