Assistant Nurse Manager - ED
Night Shift 7p-7a (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday)
Assists Nurse Director / Manager in the coordination of the clinical/business activities on the units so that optimum quality of patient care is delivered in a cost-effective manner.
Promotes independent decision making and accountability.
Evaluates existing programs and takes strategic approach to creative solutions and change.
Promotes a climate for effective performance.
• Assists Nurse Director / Manager in overall manager/leadership responsibilities for assigned department.
• Assist with coaching and counseling employees to maintain high performance standards, and provides input into performance evaluations. Delegates tasks as appropriate based upon patient need and staff qualifications.
• Maintains day to day operations, including items such as bed flow; where applicable, patient rounding, collaborating with other departments, chart checks, and clinical support. Models appropriate behaviors to support customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrates and promotes fiscal responsibility.
• Assists with coordinating inventory consignment and purchasing contracts, billing process/issues and report generating when appropriate.
• Assists with managing staff levels by implementation and coordination of unit staffing for nursing care.
• Monitors quality metrics and facilitates performance improvement activities, by reviewing charts, and coaching staff appropriately.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
2 years recent clinical/cath lab experience required.
Broad knowledge of nursing practice and ability to apply specific skills in nursing intervention.
Competency in management and leadership skills.
Graduate of accredited School of Nursing.
BSN preferred in related field.
Current NJ RN license, BLS.
Appropriate certification as required by specialty or regulatory agency.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More