AVP Patient Care Services, Surgical Services - Virtua Mt Holly
Background in Surgical Services required.
Previous OR and leadership experience required.
Manages multiple units or areas of nursing responsibility, typically in a related clinical function.
Responsible for overall supervision of staff and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Accountable for providing a professional practice environment, promoting shared decision-making and professional autonomy.
Provides clinical and administrative leadership and expertise in area of responsibility and within the organization as a whole.
Decisions and actions are based on ethical principles.
Has 24 hour accountability for assigned unit.
• Articulates and implements a compelling and actionable vision, mission, philosophy, and core values, and communicates uniformly to staff located within multiple units or clinical areas.
• Demonstrates leadership and accountability for all functions and goals across multiple units.
• Oversees ongoing orientation and staff development. Serve as a model for leadership within Virtua.
• Leads and directs the work of Nursing Directors.
• Empowers staff to participate in decision-making. Conveys a strong sense of advocacy and support on behalf of the staff.
• Serves as escalation point for issues that cannot be resolved by local nursing management.
• Drives recruitment process, selection, and retention to support Virtua’s employment of the Best People. Aligns clinical needs with employee skill sets and competence.
• May be required to support all of Hospital Nursing Services in the absence of the VP, Patient Care.
Clinical Quality and Safety
• Ensures that overall patient care needs are met for multiple departments, including patient safety and outcomes. Ensures that standards for quality are met or exceeded for multiple areas.
• Enforces high patient care standards based on evidence and research.
• Ensures Care Coordination by facilitating the interaction of nursing services with other members of the health care team.
• Evaluates the quality, safety and appropriateness of care utilizing patient outcome data and takes appropriate action depending on results.
• Ensures implementation of evidence based best practices across the system.
• Excellent Service (Patient Satisfaction).
• Responsible for excellent service and satisfaction outcomes for patient populations across multiple departments.
• Manage selection of staff for appropriate staffing, scheduling, and assignments.
• Develops, monitors and is accountable financial performance of the assigned departments.
• Advocates for and allocates available resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, and compassionate nursing care based on current standards of practice.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Requires 2-3 years of previous leadership experience and a demonstrated ability to drive departmental fiscal and quality outcomes.
Master’s Degree in related field is required. (i.e. MSN, MBA, etc.)
RN licensure required, unless licensed physician.
Management certificate preferred.
Virtua welcomes all individuals, inclusive of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion and faith, national origin, and disabilities, and we proudly look to each person’s unique achievements and experiences to continue to set us apart. Our whole-hearted commitment to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace enables Virtua to be here for our communities, here for our patients, here for our colleagues—Here for Good.Apply
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More