Central Sterile Supply (CSS) Technician, Full-time 3rd Shift, Virtua Voorhees - CRCST/CBSPD Strongly preferred
Supports Infection Control by collecting, cleaning, disinfecting and distributing portable patient care equipment that has been properly prepared, documented and inspected for use at the bedside in the care of our patients.
Responsible for cleaning, decontaminating, sterilizing, and distributing medical and surgical instrumentation for use in patient care by the surgical team in the Operating Rooms, Labor &Delivery, and at the bedside or department e.g. Endoscopy where the invasive procedure is performed.
• Prepares, inspects and assembles surgical instruments, powered surgical equipment, and endoscopes into instrument trays or packages of individual items for sterilization.
• Collects, cleans, disinfects patient care equipment and surgical instruments collected from clinical units, the O.R., L&D and other areas performing invasive procedures.
• Delivers patient care equipment, takes inventory of specialty carts and replenishes supplies for department and centralized O.R. Case Cart System. Prepares and distributes clean and sterile equipment and supplies.
• Transports soiled and sterile surgical instrumentation between facilities (Marlton positions only).
• Operates, monitors and documents biological and mechanical results of decontamination and sterilization equipment.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Previous sterile processing experience or formal training in sterile processing/surgical instrumentation preferred.
High School Diploma or Graduate Equivalent Diploma (GED).
Certification required within 6 months of employment if successfully completed a sterile processing course taken at an accredited or state-licensed institution offering post-secondary, professional, vocational or adult education.
Virtua Health is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination FacilityApply
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More