CSS Technician full-time 3p-11p, (Joint Replacement Institute)
Supports Infection Control by collecting, cleaning, disinfecting and distributing portable patient care equipment that has been properly prepared, documented and inspected for use at the bedside in the care of our patients.
Responsible for cleaning, decontaminating, sterilizing, and distributing medical and surgical instrumentation for use in patient care by the surgical team in the Operating Rooms, Labor &Delivery, and at the bedside or department e.g. Endoscopy where the invasive procedure is performed.
• Prepares, inspects and assembles surgical instruments, powered surgical equipment, and endoscopes into instrument trays or packages of individual items for sterilization.
• Collects, cleans, disinfects patient care equipment and surgical instruments collected from clinical units, the O.R., L&D and other areas performing invasive procedures.
• Delivers patient care equipment, takes inventory of specialty carts and replenishes supplies for department and centralized O.R. Case Cart System. Prepares and distributes clean and sterile equipment and supplies.
• Transports soiled and sterile surgical instrumentation between facilities (Marlton positions only).
• Operates, monitors and documents biological and mechanical results of decontamination and sterilization equipment.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
1 year in the healthcare industry.
High School Diploma or Graduate Equivalent Diploma (GED).
Must be certified through a national sterile processing program within three years of employment.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More