Dietician - Weight Management/Outpatient Part time
Outpatient RD who can assist with classes mostly and is open to flexible hours. Must be comfortable with group sessions and flexible regarding locations. 24-30 hours/week with 2 evenings until 8pm.
Hours covered would be mostly during the week and mostly late afternoon/evening.
Responsible for direct outpatient nutrition education including 1:1 assessments, group education and community based nutrition programs incorporating researched-based nutrition interventions, healthy eating habits and nutrition monitoring to improve quality of life.
Plays a vital role in integration with VMG practices, serves as a nutrition champion for and in establishing community and corporate partnerships.
Promotes Virtua mission, vision, practice goals and philosophy through every interaction with all customers.
Provides effective and timely communication to foster a positive working environment, to grow the nutrition service line and provide the best patient care.
• Provides nutritional education via 1:1 interactions, group education, and/or community and corporate initiatives.
• Demonstrates effective and timely communication.
• Collaborates with medical professionals to assure patient nutrition needs are met.
• Collaborates with VMG practices; executes the integration of services into practices.
• Establishes and maintains partnerships with community; executes programming.
• Acts as a content expert to the Virtua community, health care team and peers.
• Develop curriculums and creates education materials.
• Maintains professional status by actively participating in continuing education.
• Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
• Participates in marketing initiatives.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Experience and comfort level with public speaking.
Must have a broad knowledge of evidence-based nutrition education.
Experience with 1:1 nutrition counseling preferred.
Must have ability to troubleshoot problems associated with special needs of patients such as seniors, families, low-income patients, clinical conditions, and associated comorbidities.
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics.
Required: Valid registration and in good standing with the ADA Commission on Dietetic Registration (RD) or (RDN).
Preferred: Additional certification in one or more of the following; weight management, nutrition support, diabetes education, sports nutrition and/or health coaching.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More