Medical Assistant - Hand Surgery & Rehab Center
Medical Assistant (Practice)
Prepares patient and assists clinical provider with patient examination by obtaining and documenting vital signs, past medical history, social history and chief complaint.
Performs various clinical tasks within the scope of their certification and under the supervision of the physician.
Medical Assistant (Clinical Support Services)
A member of the clinical support service team who utilizes a team-based approach focused on improving patient care coordination and better patient outcomes. The Clinical Support Services Medical Assistant works in close collaboration with Providers and other health care personnel assuring smooth efficient patient flow and clinical operations by performing chart preparation prior to the patient’s visit, obtaining necessary information (lab/test results, etc.) and ensuring appropriate documentation in the patient’s record, identifying and closing care gaps, and communicating with the practice(s) anything that will need to be addressed at the next visit.
• Prepares patient for exam by obtaining and documenting vital signs, and chief complaint, and preparing patient for provider exam. Prepares exam room as required based on chief complaint.
• Performs phlebotomy and obtains specimens for processing. Administers vaccines and completes required documentation. Performs diagnostic tests such as EKG, Pulmonary Function, etc. as directed and under the supervision of the physician.
• Screens and directs patient calls according to established protocol. Contacts patients regarding prescriptions and testing results as directed by and under the supervision of the physician.
• Performs daily regulatory testing as required and documents accordingly, to ensure that clinical equipment is accurate and compliant.
• Maintains par level of clinical supplies for facility.
• Performs front desk duties as directed which may include registering patients, billing, and appointment scheduling.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
1-3 years of similar job experience in a medical office preferred.
HS diploma or equivalent.
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
Current certification/registration as a Medical Assistant.
BLS Certification requir
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More