Medical Assistant (MA)
Prepares patient and assists clinical provider with patient examination by obtaining and documenting vital signs, past medical history, social history and chief complaint.
Performs various clinical tasks within the scope of their certification and under the supervision of the physician.
• Prepares patient for exam by obtaining and documenting vital signs, and chief complaint, and preparing patient for provider exam. Prepares exam room as required based on chief complaint.
• Obtains specimens for processing and, send out specimens. Administers vaccines and completes required documentation.
• Screens and directs patient calls according to established protocol.
• Performs daily regulatory testing (point of care) as required and documents accordingly, to ensure that clinical equipment is accurate and compliant.
• Maintains par level of clinical supplies for facility.
• Performs front desk duties as directed which may include registering patients, billing, and appointment scheduling.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
1-3 years of similar job experience in a medical office preferred.
HS diploma or equivalent.
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
Current certification/registration as a Medical Assistant.
BLS Certification required.
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More