Medical Secretary Per Diem
Day shift from 8am to 4:30pm.
Per Diem coverage at our Voorhees, Mount Holly and VOLOL Camden locations.
Provides secretarial and administrative support using knowledge of medical terminology and procedures in a hospital, clinic, or laboratory environment.
Compiles information for recording purposes and prepares reports.
Screens and directs telephone calls, schedules appointments, greets patients, visitors, and maintains patient flow.
Accurately transcribes preoperative, postoperative, clinical information and biopsy gross dictation into report pathology reports.
Orders autopsy reports and populates with templates.
Scans Breast Submission Forms into pathology reports.
Scans and types frozen section into pathology report.
Adheres to departmental productivity standards to achieve required turnaround times and management of workload while still maintaining quality of work. Utilizes knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes, etc.
Screens and handles any calls, faxes and/or correspondence for request for pathology materials (e.g., slides, blocks, reports) ensuring HIPPA guidelines are met.
Prepares pathology materials and sends for additional testing and/or consultations as requested by pathologist, surgeon or oncologist.
Orders and results addendum to report request and again for findings, using appropriate template; faxing report to ordering physician and sending to HIM to be scanned to EHR.
Manages storage, retrieval and disposition of pathology materials including reports, slides and tissue blocks as required by regulatory agencies.
Resolves questions and/or problems based on established standards and/or policies and procedures.
Coordinates Tumor Conferences.
Fulfills legal requests for pathology materials.
Prepares QA reports for the Department of Pathology.
Manage autopsy process.
• Greets patients and other visitors. Maintains patient flow. Addresses and resolves routine inquiries.
• Screens and handles any calls and/or correspondence for requests for materials, records, patient appointment, ensuring HIPPA guidelines are followed.
• Sorts and distributes mail.
• Performs general registration and billing, obtaining pre-certifications, verifying appropriate coding, insurance, co-pays, medical records, and referrals.
• Acts as a liaison with Patient Accounting and/or Physician billing services as required to clarify billing and charge issues.
•Produces, processes and maintains required documentation and reports such as productivity/utilization, medical records, customer surveys, audits, financial reports, staff certifications/licenses.
• Schedules management appointments, meetings, conferences. Prepares meeting minutes and memos. May maintain calendars/itinerary for management personnel as requested.
• Assists in orienting new office staff; participates in performance improvement initiatives; coordinates and maintains support personnel schedules.
• May lead work of other clerical or administrative support personnel on a project basis, as assigned, or as necessary to ensure smooth office work flow.
• Maintains office equipment (copier, fax, etc.), ensures par levels of office supplies and maintains disposition of clinical materials as required by regulatory agencies.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Proficiency in using computers (data entry, word processing, report production).
Working knowledge of medical terminology.
Excellent communication skills (verbal-written-listening) in order to interact with patients, medical staff and other internal/external clientele.
Strong organizational skills ability to use sound judgment to prioritize duties.
Familiarity with department policies and procedures or ability to quickly learn and operate within those parameters.
One year experience in a medical setting preferred.
High School diploma or G.E.D.
Associate’s Degree in Medical Secretarial Science preferred.
Virtua Health is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination FacilityApply
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More