Medical Technologist MT Every Other Weekend - Hematology / Voorhees
Analyzes, interprets, and validates laboratory procedures of various complexities on biological material such as blood, body fluids, and tissues for Virtua customers.
• Performs moderate and high complexity testing accurately and precisely according to established procedure without direct supervision.
• Post analytically, validates results using established indicators, investigates deviations from the norm, recognizes trends or shifts, and applies corrective action.
• Performs, reviews and documents all quality control according to established policies and procedures. Performs pre-analytical processes including patient ID, phlebotomy, specimen labeling, specimen verification, receipt and shipment.
• Correctly operates, maintains and troubleshoots laboratory equipment as required.
• Provides Outstanding Customer Service by demonstrating effective and appropriate communication and interpersonal skills.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Minimum of externship in a CLIA laboratory
Minimum of bachelor's degree in laboratory science, biological or chemical science or other relevant field.
Valid certification as a Medical Technologist or equivalent, or meets CLIA '88 educational requirements for high complexity testing. ASCP certification preferred.
Virtua welcomes all individuals, inclusive of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion and faith, national origin, and disabilities, and we proudly look to each person’s unique achievements and experiences to continue to set us apart. Our whole-hearted commitment to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace enables Virtua to be here for our communities, here for our patients, here for our colleagues—Here for Good.Apply
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More