Job DetailsApply Now
Patient Access Registrar - Part Time & Per DiemJob ID R1004155 Type Employee - Part Time Location Voorhees Standard Hours 0
Virtua is seeking Part - time and Per Diem Registrars in our acute care hospitals:
- Virtua Voorhees
- Virtua Marlton
- Virtua Memorial - Mt. Holly
- Virtua Camden
- Virtua Berlin
Gathers and enters patient demographic information into the hospital information system.
Verifies benefits, obtains required authorization.
Obtains co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance and deposit amounts.
Performs accurate and thorough registrations.
Is compliant with regulatory guidelines.
Acts as first contact representative of Virtua by providing excellent customer service.
• Obtains copies of patient insurance cards and identification and enters demographic, financial, insurance and clinical information into computer system; verifies completeness and accuracy of all data.
• Obtains signatures on all required documents for consent, medical necessity, and on required State, Federal and regulatory documentation. Processes all necessary paperwork.
• Correctly identifies, collects and processes co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance and deposits from patients and may facilitate resolution of billing issues by liaising with patient accounting, patient, and insurance representative.
• Identifies and provides appropriate referrals and payment options to patients needed financial assistance.
• Provides additional office support including telephones, scheduling, typing, filing, etc.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
1 year minimum medical admittance and/or medical office experience preferred.
Must demonstrate a positive demeanor, have both strong verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to handle potentially stressful situations and multiple tasks.
Must have basic typing, computer and/or word processing skills.
High School diploma.