Practice Manager - Endocrinology
In collaboration with assigned practice(s) Lead Physicians, directs and coordinates administrative and clinical services for assigned practice(s) as part of the dyad leadership model.
Provides day-to-day oversight and supervision to ensure optimal operations, highly functional business systems and quality patient care; ensures optimal patient access and customer satisfaction.
Assists in setting the tone and atmosphere of the practice and creating a positive work environment.
Promotes Virtua mission, vision, practice goals and philosophy and cascades all Virtua, VMG and office communications to direct reports as appropriate.
Financial / Revenue Cycle Management
• Oversees the daily/monthly expenditures, staffing and overtime hours.
• Ensures that assigned practice(s)’ staff follows all front-end policies and procedures including but not limited to completion of missing charges, claim edits, daily cash reconciliation and other receivable/collection tasks.
• Identifies opportunities to increase patient volume and services while controlling expenses.
• Creates implementation plan for improvement and executes improvement plan within budget.
• Responsible for development and maintenance of assigned practice(s)’ budgets in collaboration with assigned practices’ Lead Physicians.
• Responsible for providing explanations to leadership regarding budget-to-actual variances, and taking timely and appropriate actions to mitigate negative variances.
Workflows and Policies
• Reviews the practice’s policies and procedures routinely and makes recommendations to ensure continued compliance with current regulations.
• Contributes to the development and implementation of policies and procedures that govern the operations of the clinics.
• Follows and implements established policies and procedures and ensures assigned practice(s) adhere to standards as set forth by health system.
• Responsible for achieving budget targets as well as goals for access and activities supporting referral management by monitoring Key Performance Indicator (KPI). Working with lead physician, takes appropriate action to foster improvement.
• Monitors clinician schedule flow, utilization and adjustments.
• Reviews and develops a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during inspections, provides a written copy of such plan to leadership and implements action plan.
• Makes written and oral reports and recommendations to leadership concerning the operations of the practice(s)
Human Resource Management
• Works collaboratively with Human Resources and Lead Physician(s) to effectively recruit, interview, select, and hire personnel for the practice.
• Ensures that an adequate number of appropriately trained professionals and personnel are on duty at all times to meet the needs of the patients and ensures licensures and certifications are kept current.
• Accountable for supervision and retention of office staff, including training, coaching and development, as well as ensuring that all staff members are performing according to policy and STAR standards.
• Conducts best people reviews (“BPR”s) and establishes goals for staff positions under purview.
• Reviews Patient Satisfaction results and takes appropriate action to improve results.
• Acts as a liaison between VMG office personnel, Virtua and all external parties to ensure an outstanding customer experience.
• Consults with Lead Physicians, Director of Practice Management, Medical Directors and staff concerning practice operations, problem solving and service improvement.
• Maintains good relations with the public that serves the best interest of the practice and the community alike through patient family advisory councils.
• Maintains an excellent working relationship with the medical profession, providers, and other health related facilities and organizations.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
3-5 years supervisory experience in a medical practice or ambulatory medical setting.
Knowledge of insurance (ICD-9 CPT coding, Medicare regulations, state regulations, CLIA, DOH, and OSHA regulations) preferred.
Solid knowledge of and experience in billing and health insurance guidelines and practices, including commercial, Medicare and managed care payers.
Solid knowledge of and ability to use, electronic medical records, scheduling, charging, and billing systems.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Related experience in lieu of a degree may be considered on a case by case basis.
Virtua Health is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination FacilityApply
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More