Supervisor, Central Sterile Supply, Full-time 2nd Shift, Virtua Voorhees
Plans, organizes and directs the operations of Sterile Supply and oversees decontaminations and sterilization practices throughout the facility.
Develop and implements policies and procedures to comply with AAMI standards, AAAHC, CMS and State regulations and facility policies.
Procures, receives and distributes critical instrumentation in preparation of current and future instrument sets.
Acts as a resource for the surgical team, endoscopy technicians, CSS technicians, etc.
This job represents the top CSS job in either an ambulatory center or where the role exists in an acute care hospital and has sole responsibility for all aspects of the CSS Department with the exception of ultimate budget authority.
The role is responsible for the overall operations of the department as well as the hiring, termination, and performance counseling of employees to ensure they meet department standards. (If the role does have budget development authority and is responsible for CSS for an acute care hospital, please use the CSS Director Job Description (Job Code 1462)) Either this job or the CSS Director job may exist in an Acute Care Setting, but not both.
• Directs overall operations of the Central Sterile Supply Department and overall decontamination and sterilization practices throughout the facility ensuring regulatory compliance, and quality initiatives.
• Demonstrates effective and appropriate communication to staff by way of regular staff meeting and other mechanisms to discuss departmental and facility issues.
• Employee management including evaluation, staff development, coaching and counseling, disciplinary issues and recruitment.
• Develops and ensures implementation of policies, procedures and competencies.
• Daily review of the operating and endoscopy schedules coordinates cleaning and sterilization priorities of instrumentation for operative and invasive procedures.
• Manages, researches, orders and communicates cost of instrumentation. Maintains repair and replenishment and ensures accuracy of instrument trays.
• Is able to perform all capacities in CSS when necessary. Prepares, inspects, assembles and distributes surgical instruments, powered surgical equipment, and endoscopes into instruments trays or packages of individual items for sterilization.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Typically five years of CSS healthcare or surgical services experience.
Three years of supervisory experience preferred.
Competent in management and leadership ability and have strong communication skills.
High school diploma or GED.
Must be certified through a national sterile processing program recognized and accepted by the NJ Department of Health and Senior Services.
Virtua Health is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination FacilityApply
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More