Mammography Technologist Per Diem / Willingboro
Performs mammography procedures in accordance with approved techniques and FDA/MQSA standards.
Supports Virtua Mission and Vision statement and upholds Virtua values and Star behaviors. Adheres to all Virtua policies and procedures.
• Understands the general principles of breast positioning and demonstrates the ability to perform all standard, diagnostic and special views to include magnification, spot compression and patients with implants. Demonstrates the ability to evaluate mammograms/radiographs for quality such as positioning and exposure techniques.
• Competently performs assigned QA/QC responsibilities in accordance with FDA/MQSA guidelines. Ensure that mammography department is prepared for successful completion of annual MQSA inspection. Participate in successful completion of ACR Accreditation process.
• Prepares the patient, procedure room and assist the radiologist in performing breast needle localizations, stereotactic biopsies and galactograms, where applicable.
• Demonstrates appropriate and effective use of RIS, PACS, Web viewer, ADW workstation and other hospital based computer or PC system.
• Supports diagnostic radiology staff in completion of daily workload during times of short staffing and/or increased volume.( Virtua South divisions)
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Minimum of (1) one year of experience as a Mammography Technologist preferred and possess knowledge of MQSA/FDA standards.
Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.) and NJDEP licensure required.
Advanced certification in Mammography by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.).
CPR certification desired.
Virtua Health is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination FacilityApply
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More