Maintain a safe and efficient operation of all steam and other related equipment in the boiler room and the facility.
• Responsible for the daily operation, repair and maintenance of steam generating systems and related equipment.
• Performs preventative maintenance duties and documentation as assigned.
• Performs general maintenance repairs and monitor critical and life safety systems, i.e., emergency power generators, medical gas equipment, fire alarm and fire suppression systems, building automation system, and pneumatic tube system.
• Performs chemical testing and water treatments as required.
• Maintains log books as required by the State.
• Effectively communicate to appropriate personnel, including shift to shift, emergency situations, issues, and concerns in a timely manner.
• Ensures preparation of boilers for annual inspections.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Minimum of 6 mos experience as a Stationary Engineer.
Basic working knowledge of general maintenance practices.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum, High Pressure Boiler Operator Special.
Preferred, High Pressure Black Seal Boiler Operator in charge / Class A NJ Stationary Engineers License for Voorhees Hospital.
Minimum High Pressure Black Seal Boiler Operator in charge / Class A NJ Stationary Engineers License for Memorial and Camden Hospitals.
Virtua welcomes all individuals, inclusive of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion and faith, national origin, and disabilities, and we proudly look to each person’s unique achievements and experiences to continue to set us apart. Our whole-hearted commitment to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace enables Virtua to be here for our communities, here for our patients, here for our colleagues—Here for Good.Apply
Virtua helps you be well, get well, and stay well.
The trusted choice for personalized health care and wellness.
Read the latest news about Virtua's programs and services, community events, recent awards and more.See More